Let's Make A Game! I've been making games to one degree or another for a few years, and I've really gotten into a rhythm in the last few months. This month I'm trying a new experiment and posting the entire process of building the month's game development project. I'll be publishing a stream of every single step I take in the process, broken down into 25 one hour episodes.
I'm doing this for a few reasons.
Firstly, I'm doing this for myself. The one hour sessions and the focus recording gives me on the task at hand are helpful. I think this is an interesting way to go about a project. I'd also like the strict schedule to help me study and learn more about the aspects of budgeting and scoping game projects that I have too little experience to be very good at.
Secondly, I'm hoping someone out there gets some value out of this. My skill level as a game developer is still pretty low, but maybe its helpful for someone to see how someone learns to solve problems, rather than only watching experts that already know the answers.
Thirdly, I want to see if I like the idea and to figure out if I'll keep doing it. Maybe this will be the only time I do this. Maybe I'll scale back the number of hours and continue it on a monthly basis or just occasionally, in the future. Or, also likely, this may be a one time thing.
If you're interested, check out the Youtube channel for my one-man game studio, Stonebird Games.
You can watch the first three episodes right here!
I write here about programming, how to program better, things I think are neat and are related to programming. I might write other things at my personal website.
- One Game A Month: Off And On Again
- Why Am I YouTubing An Entire Game Development Proj...
- Let's Make A Game Passes the Half-way Mark with Ep...
- Let's Make A Game! Off And On Again, Episodes 9, 1...
- Let's Make A Game! Off And On Again, Episodes 7 an...
- Let's Make A Game: Three New Episodes Available
- Let's Make A Game! Watch me make "Off And On Again...
- Finding "One Game A Month"
- ReactJS Tip: CSS Transition Groups and Vendor Bund...
- Web Technologies I Need To Learn More About
- Becoming a Better Developer on Purpose
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (32)
- ► 2008 (28)
- ► 2007 (113)