- I'm going to move this blog away from Blogger and Blogspot and self host. I've spent the last couple days building a new server, for personal and future business use. I really like the setup I've built to launch and manage a bunch of domains easily. It should be a piece of cake to set up, but migration I'll have to look into the details on.
- I will launch up to ten websites in 2010. Some of them will be very small and nifty. Some of them will be undertakings and hopefully profitable.
- I'll put more focus to my "Personal Brand" and to my business as an actual business, rather than a dude who does stuff for cash. I won't let that business face become cold, however.
- I will read 50 books. This one is tougher, because I know I keep loosing track of my goals when I try to read more often. If I set page-a-day goals, I can get books into my regular cycle of media consumption again. I'm restarting and completing the Wheel of Time series, first.
- I will write at least one book. This includes the editing, so I hope to finish more rough drafts, as well. I used to write constantly, and I never do it anymore. This blog is evidence of that, but I don't only mean technical writing. I miss writing fiction as much as I miss writing it.
- I will paint at least one painting. I haven't painted anything for a decade.
- I will relearn how my guitar can relax me. I'll probably submit some recordings to Sound Bush.
- I will do science with my son. We will get shirts that say so.
- I will write a JetPack extension.
- I will finish and submit the patches to the dozen or so projects I've made internal modifications to in 2009 without time to clean up.
Sunday, January 03, 2010
My Top Ten Goals for 2010
Call them New Year's Resolutions or whatever else you want, but we all should have some goals and we should lay them down. Of course, I'm not sure if its better or worse to make these goals public. I'm just doing what feels natural.
I write here about programming, how to program better, things I think are neat and are related to programming. I might write other things at my personal website.
- ► 2014 (52)
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ▼ 2010 (32)
- ► 2008 (28)
- ► 2007 (113)