We all have to do it, so I might as well take my turn.
First impression: no surprise here.
There are expectations in two forms here. We can expect certain things to come of this and we can expect certain things to disappoint us about this. There is a third, external expectation that techies will divide into a camp of people who think its Rilly, Rilly Important and a camp who thinks you're all wasting your time. I mean, gosh, its almost like this is exactly like any other topic we split down some arbitrary middle about. Get over it.
I Expect To Like:
- Cheaper netbooks
- Installing Chrome OS on old hardware
- Feeling like I have an OS that won't let me install anything but a browser
- Not being able to install Android Apps
- Not being able to run real Chrome on Android
- Still not being able to sync my bookmarks and open tabs and page states properly (or at all) so that applications that are just websites can easily move from my little netbook to my desktop
- Not getting Android on netbooks, because Chrome OS gets pushed, instead
- Getting Chrome OS on Tegra hardware with O3D
- Google doing a funny video in time square asking What is an operating system?
- Never having Google Notebook on a Google Netbook