Sunday, October 08, 2006
Movable IDLE: Keep it Free, Fuzzyman!
Several weeks ago, I contacted Michael Foord (aka, Fuzzyman) about the idea of a simpler, slimmed version of his Movable Python distribution for those interested in the language, and often not computer literate enough to put up with all the different components you need for any decent development environment. This is exactly what we need to convince those people still hanging on to BASIC.
I don't know if its from my suggestion, although I got a personal e-mail from Fuzzy on the announcement, but its here and its free and its exactly what I need for the many interested people I am trying to bring Python to.
I write here about programming, how to program better, things I think are neat and are related to programming. I might write other things at my personal website.
- ► 2012 (19)
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2010 (32)
- ► 2008 (28)
- ► 2007 (113)
- Spilt Mind
- Uprooting and Replanting
- Identity Comparison vs Comparing Identities
- RuPy, Snakes and Rubies, Night and Day
- Balence, Tranquility, and SOAP
- You Go, Gamer!
- Movable IDLE: Keep it Free, Fuzzyman!
- Google Reader Upgrade Dissappoints
- Stuff of Interest - Week of Sept 17 - 23, 2006
- Being Helpful by Not Answering Questions
- ▼ October (10)